Saturday, May 5, 2012

Adventure of the Day

Nadia had quite an adventure today. This morning was her first visit (with me) to the vet, and got her all updated on her shots. The girls at the front desk absolutely adored her, she pretty much melts the hearts of anyone who sees her.
The vet really wore her out, her and I fell asleep on the bed for a few hours after we got home. I didn't need the nap, but it was wonderful to cuddle with her like that. She was exhausted, she didn't even want to go outside to potty. We took her out, she went, then laid right back down on the grass. Haha, poor baby.

A while later I took her to PetSmart to see Jesse, her trainer and my best friend, and she had a lot of fun meeting all sorts of new dogs and people. She did, however, learn a valuable lesson the hard way! Never take anyone else's treats.

She very casually sauntered up and stole a treat right under another dog's nose, and boy did he get mad! She immediately apologized, he snarled in her face for a second, then they went about their business. I was worried, she's my baby and I definitely don't want her getting hurt.. but they both handled it pretty naturally. He told her "back off, and never touch my things again" and she cried "uncle". Hopefully that lesson will stick with her!

Now we're back home after a long time spent at the pet store, so we're going to settle down on the couch and watch some TV.

... Once she's done trying to catch her own tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment