Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Home at last!

We got Nadia home last night, after a really crazy set of events!

First, it turns out the crate I purchased was WAY larger than it should have been. I ordered the proper size, but I was sent a massive one. I don't deal with crates enough to have known. Luckily, we had a soft crate we use to transport the ferrets that fit her perfectly for nap time. But, I'll get to that..

We were leaving the breeder's house when suddenly we smelled some smoke. It turns out while they were drying off the towel that was supposed to come home with us, the belt in their dryer went out and smoked up the whole place! They had to call the fire department, and it was getting close to 8pm at this point. Whoo, boy!

Luckily there was no fire, it was just the belt burning so that was all good. But while the boyfriend and I were leaving one of the fire trucks was coming in (we didn't know what the deal was yet, but had to start getting home) so I moved my car out of the way to make room for them on this tiny street.

WELL, it turns out I had way less room than I thought, and my front right tire went into a DEEP ditch. The actual bottom of my car was on the cement, and boy the sound it made!

We thought for sure that my car was busted... and because my tire wasn't even touching the ground I couldn't move forward or back.

It was a good thing that dryer burned up, because about seven firemen had to LIFT my car out of the ditch! It's a good thing they saw me, it was SO dark out you couldn't even see the ditch or anything! AHH!

My car turned out to be fine, thank heavens, and we made the five hour trip home safely. 

Nadia was a complete angel the ENTIRE car ride. Even with the breeder being anxious about us leaving and the smoke in her house, and then us being anxious (and a few curse words may have been shouted) she didn't bat and eye. She just watched the situation unfold quietly, even though I was about to burst into tears at the thought of my car being a goner. 

We were very blessed to have her act so cool and collected during everything. She made a bit of a fuss when we got home for bedtime, but we ignored her yelling for about ten minutes, then the rest of the night was smooth sailing. What a good girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment